labor nurse has been reborn and shares her experiences as a new nurse-midwife, woman, and blogger

Friday, August 3, 2007

Yet More Wasted Time

I knew within the first three minutes of today’s staff meeting that it was a waste of my time. Again. It didn’t start on time (it never does), it didn’t end on time (it never does), and it kept going off course with the usual bitching, whining, and complaining.

I have noticed that the last few staff meetings I have attended that false promises were not made. Perhaps management is being called on their lack of fulfillment. I can think of several things they said they would either implement or address well over a year ago that I’ve yet to see. But I’m not holding my breath.

What surprised me was that management wants to hire more per diem staff. Hello! The current per diem’s get canceled or shit hours! What are they thinking? Oh well, at least I get paid to sit at these meetings.

2 comments:

AtYourCervix said...

I find that our staff meetings tend to discuss the same issues, over and over again. Rarely does anything get solved. Most of the time, it just feels like a verbal lashing from the manager. I rarely go to staff meetings.

nurselochia said...

It must be a trend, or we all work at the same hosptial and don't realize it. Our staff meetings are also a complete waste of time and full of bullshit. I skip a lot of staff meetings because when I do go, I leave ticked off.