labor nurse has been reborn and shares her experiences as a new nurse-midwife, woman, and blogger

Friday, October 26, 2007

Smart Ideas

Want to have complete control over your teenage daughters birth control? Here’s a great idea:

Bring her to your OB/GYN and request that she be put on the vaginal ring contraceptive. This way you can assist her with its insertion and removal. You’ll make sure that it goes in on the right day, and it’s removed 3 weeks later. You can rest assured that each month she won’t get pregnant by one of her multiple partners.

The vaginal ring even comes with handy little reminder stickers for your calender! No more excuses for forgetting pills!

But…. Did it occur to anyone that she could remove it without your knowledge and put it back in when she knows you’ll be fishing around in her vagina for it? Hmm?

13 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously? That's nasty.

LeosMama said...

Well, that's what I was thinking when you said you can rest assured...

The best way to keep a girl from getting pregnant is have her babysit (or mother assist or something) a newborn for a good 8 hours or so. At night.

Sarahthedoula said...

OH


MY


GOODNESS

sometimes the things people come up with leave me dumbfounded.

argh.

girl_in_greenwood said...

OMG! Who the heck thinks it's appopriate to fish around in their teenage daughter's vagina?!!?!

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

Chastity belts are looking better and better.

Labor Nurse said...

I'm not sure what I find more inappropriate: the young teen having sex with multiple partners, or the mother wanting to personally insert and remove contraception from her daughters vagina.

Actually.... on second thought I think the mother is fucked up.

Ivory said...

Or you could just get her norplant. Yuck.

travelRN said...

Well the possibility of the ring being removed during intercoarse is always an option. If you don't push it in far enough that happens. Kind of like a ring toss of sorts.

AtYourCervix said...

Depo Provera would be better, I think. Haul her butt in to the doc's office every 12 weeks, get her shot of depo.

And a LONG, LONG, LONG talk about condom usage is in order!!

Labor Nurse said...

atyourcervix, great minds think alike. I was thinking depo would have been better, too, but hey....they do say "mother knows best"!

PE Mommy said...

Ok I was thinking that was gross too with the mother. When I was a teenager, I would have NEVER have let my mother do that. I wouldn't do it to my daughter when she is a teenager.

Rachel said...

I feel a little squicky about forcing birth control, although the teen could certainly stand to be on it. The mom insisting on putting the ring in and out feels like child abuse mixed with sexual assault. I don't care who's doing the nonconsensual vagina poking, it seems wrong.

Anonymous said...

that's child sexual abuse. Vaginas are private and not for parents. Especially not when there are so many other birth control options.