labor nurse has been reborn and shares her experiences as a new nurse-midwife, woman, and blogger

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Progress

Oh, boy! I received my credentialing packet (read: 6 inch stack of papers) for the hospital my practice is affiliated with and have been working on that. I have to say it is the most daunting part of this process. Actually, it's horrible. The amount of information that is needed is ridiculous, some of it I wonder if I can even provide. I am kicking myself for not keeping better records on the very specific details of each and every woman I cared for during her labor. Urg. But can't change that, so I have to do my best.

What is great, however, is that I can start in the office seeing women while the process is being completed, so that will be good.

I've recently been conflicted on how to proceed with this blog. Not sure if I should, not sure if I want to keep this up. I am overwhelmed with the thought of being a new nurse midwife in full time practice. Yet, I can't imagine not having this avenue to vent and discuss issues and situations in this field. So I don't know...

11 comments:

cristymuranda said...

well, i just found you! And would be sad to miss out on your new path.

Veronica said...

Please keep it up? I like reading you.

TVille said...

Oh, please do continue with the blog. I have enjoyed (and learned) reading about your advocacy for women's birth experiences. I would very much like to continue hearing how your practice as a midwife evolves.

Iris said...

I am guessing you will be very busy as a CNM, but you should totally continue your blog and update it whenever you want to. I enjoy reading it! :)

Fawn said...

Me, too! I don't comment often, but I always enjoy reading.

Andrea said...

Bring it on! I would miss you otherwise.

Molly said...

Well, I totally understand what you mean, but I'd certainly miss your blog! I write a lot of my posts ahead when I have any extra time and then set them to post automatically during busier times ... but often finding any extra time involves not sleeping ... In any case, good luck with the giant pile of paperwork!!!

manhattandoula said...

I want to hear about your adventures catching babies! Keep blogging if you can -- that's my vote.

Anonymous said...

Continue please! But don't feel obligated to write often, if necessary. Just get into your new position and give us updates on your life as you can. I'll settle for that. :)

GuitarGirlRN said...

Please keep it up! I'm considering going back to school to get my CNM! I'd love to hear about your experiences--post whenever you get the chance!

Cindy said...

I hope you keep the blog going, but only if it is something that won't hurt your career and you still enjoy it! All the best...Cindy